It is a combination of a firmware and a software update that controls TX
frequency.  Returning the radio is not required.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Ian Wade G3NRW
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 5:33 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] block out of band transmissions

From: Eric Wachsmann <e...@flex-radio.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009   Time: 14:35:33

>Ian,
>
>We are working on this issue.  We expect to have regional settings that
>will solve this problem for several regions (including UK with the 60m band
>frequencies mentioned) in the next official release.  Note that these are
>already implemented in the latest SVN version of the pb-pal branch.
>

>Eric Wachsmann
>FlexRadio Systems

Thanks Eric. Good news indeed.

However, I'm a little confused. As I understand it, the regional
settings are installed in the radios by FlexRadio in the United States,
and by your distributors throughout the rest of the world. I assume this
is not something that customers can do themselves. That being the case
[?], I don't really understand how the next official release [of
PowerSDR] is relevant here.

Or have I missed the point?

Also, does this mean that existing non-US customers will have to return
their radios to their distributors to have the new regional settings
installed?

Ian, G3NRW