Sheldon- Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the security software (Microsoft Security Essentials) and it had no effect. What I might try tomorrow is installing WinXP onto the system from an extra HD I have and see if I can get the hardware to work with the older OS. At this point I'm not sure what else to try...

73,

Leon

Sheldon Hartling wrote:
Hi Leon

I just went through the same thing with a HP Pavilion Elite m9450f running
Win7 (Asus IPIBL-LB motherboard aka HP Benicia-GL8E).  In my case, the
solution was to completely remove Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS).  This
dropped the DPC latency from 8000usec max to 500usec when using IE/Chrome.
Disabling virus scanning was not enough - I had to completely remove the NIS
software.

Special thanks to Neal Campbell (K3NC) for his advice and patience!!
Good luck,
Sheldon