From: Leon [mailto:l...@brunerweb.net]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:21 PM
To: Sheldon Hartling
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Power SDR Freezes continued

Sheldon-

Thanks for the suggestion.  I removed the security software (Microsoft
Security Essentials) and it had no effect.  What I might try tomorrow is
installing WinXP onto the system from an extra HD I have and see if I
can get the hardware to work with the older OS.  At this point I'm not
sure what else to try...

73,

Leon

Sheldon Hartling wrote:
> Hi Leon
>
> I just went through the same thing with a HP Pavilion Elite m9450f running
> Win7 (Asus IPIBL-LB motherboard aka HP Benicia-GL8E).  In my case, the
> solution was to completely remove Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS).
This
> dropped the DPC latency from 8000usec max to 500usec when using IE/Chrome.
> Disabling virus scanning was not enough - I had to completely remove the
NIS