Interesting comments about the Flex's low end. I started using the ProSet Plus
(HC4/HC5) in 2008 on the F5K. The Flex was the first radio I've ever had which
has resulted in unsolicited "fabulous audio" comments. I've never received so
many compliments about audio in my 25 years. I have never run any outboard or
onboard EQ, just some very gentle compression and the noise gate.

Now with the PR-40 and the downward expander added to the arsenal people can't
stop commenting about the good audio. Actually it's getting quite tiresome LOL.
. .

A dummy load, a second radio and a pair of headphones go along way when
aligning the audio, it does pay big dividends.

73 y'all.

Nige.
G7CNF