From: Lazy Senior <lazysen...@verizon.net>
To: flexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Tue, February 2, 2010 11:53:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] the bose speakers

I too bought the Bose C2 speakers at Sam's Club. They sounded ok (but not
great) on my Flex 5000a, and I agree they seem immune to RF even when running
Legal Limit. I disconnected The Bose speaker without the volume control and
hooked up my Sound Sweet Speaker instead. WONDERFUL. Now I use the Bose (the
one with volume control) on 2nd rx and the Sound Sweet as my main... Really
good sound now....... No RF problems either.

Stan K9IUQ

Alfred Green wrote:
dan edwards wrote:
FWIW
since i've decided the f3k is a 'keeper' i coughed up the dough forthe
recommended bose companion 2 speakers, to replace the cheapiesI started with.
the hard-core audiophiles on my SUV forum snub bose, typically.'no highs, no
lows, must be bose'...
while i am usually a headphones guy, these things are NICE !! finally 'bin'
sounds GOOD..sam's has em for $69 ish..
I have Bose C2 speakers on both my SDR1K and F3K systems. I think they sound
very good, but for me the most important thing is they seem to be completely
bomb-proof to RFI. I can run a kW on any band with no problem, whereas my
Altec-Lansing computer speakers jump off the bench.
They also have a convenient volume control knob on the front, the only knob I
use with my radios.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an