I am also interested but I cannot say now the probability of me carrying the
idea through.  If you go off-list perhaps you could cc me the emails?  I
don't know anything about speaker design but is "best for ham radio" not
sufficiently specific.  Perhaps, "best reproduction of human voice at
conversational volume levels."  Does that differ from "understanding weak
signals w/a lot of noise"?  Of course I haven't mentioned CW.

It is a project I am interested in.  The issue may be project time available
and money.