Ok, Tim, it looks like I am in business. The VAC 4.09 shows 48 KHz sampling and
my signal looks cleaner. Also thanks to Dave for his hint!

Ed, K0KC

________________________________
From: Tim Ellison <telli...@itsco.com>
To: David Beumer W0DHB <d...@w0dhb.net>; Ed Wilson <ed.wil...@ymail.com>; flex
list <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>; "flexra...@yahoogroups.com"
<flexra...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010 5:55:57 PM
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Sampling Rate,  VAC 4.09, and Windows 7

That will not work anymore with Win7 to force sampling rates with VAC.  Now
Win7 sound devices have a "default" sampling rate and VAC/PowerSDR can not
change it for what ever reason.

If you look at the VAC sound devices in Windows Control Panel, you will see
that they are defaulting at 44.1 KHz (the SR for listening to CDs).

If you change the default sampling rate for the two playback and two record VAC
device to 48K, then it will show up as the right SR once PowerSDR is running.

Ed is right that you should always start PowerSDR first, enable VAC and then
start your digi mode program.

-Tim