From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz]On Behalf Of Steve Tripp
(K1IIG-1)
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:38 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Bulk] [Flexradio] FLEX5K Drops Amplifier

Using my FK5 has frequently causes my Acom2000a to false off. It first
occurred when running  1000w in USB but now is happening more frequently
with USB carefully adjusted so ALC never peaks 0 dbm and the same with the
leveler. I can easily duplicate this problem when in the tune position,
whereby the amp ALWAYS drops out when tune drive power is 25w or more and
even when tune power is down to 10w.   I normally have the tune set to 10w.
Please note, I have NEVER dropped the amp using CW driving the ACOM to full
1500w with  harsh testing.  None of my other transceivers, including my
PRO3, have ever caused the amp to drop out in any mode. Because the amp
consistently drops out when releasing the tune, I wonder if the Flex is
sending a full power spike to the amp causing a drop out. The amp NEVER
dropping  out in CW confuses the issue.

Finally, I have had a 3000 and now the 5000 e/w V/U and never experienced
this or other problems while the 3000 was running version 1.18. I am not
convinced the Flex 5000 is a reliable radio. This is my first post and do
not consider myself a whiner but indeed I have struggled with the Flex 5000.

Steve
K1IIG