I am about to install a new Crucial CT128M4SSD2 M4 series SATA 3 128Gb SSD
in my computer, and need to decide whether to use Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit
(I have Pro versions of each available).  I seem to remember reading about
difficulties with certain Flex related applications running under 64bit, but
I am tempted to go this route because of the greater memory addressable
(presently 4Gb but I can increase it).  I intend running only 'mainstream'
non-radio applications (Office 2010, Chrome, Photoshop, etc.) as well of
course as FlexRadio applications: PowerSDR, Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook, VAC
4.09,  VSP Manager, etc. Are all these happy running in 64 bit?  And what
seems to be the choice of antivirus software - I note that ESET's NOD32 4 is
specified in Neal Campbell's systems, so I guess that is a good
recommendation.  

 

I'd appreciate any feedback from users.

 

Jeff

G4IUA

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to