I am running most of, or all, of those software packages under Win 7 64 bit with no problems whatever. 64 bit is rapidly becoming the "standard" installation of Win 7: Most OEMs are installing 64 bit by default. You do want to get the signed version of VAC. I have turned off User Account Control (UAC), but I leave Windows 7 firewall on. I also run eSet, at Neal's recommendation. I found the other big ones too intrusive, and not as effective. Here's a hint- be sure your SSD is running under AHCI rather than IDE. AHCI includes some good things, and the read/write performance will be a bit better. My windows experience score on a new SSD went from 7.1 to 7.7 (out of 8) upon switching from IDE to AHCI. If you install Windows 7 while the SSD is already installed, I believe Windows will use AHCI. If you mount the SSD after Windows 7 is installed, I'm not sure if you'll get IDE or AHCI. Either way, a simple Registry edit will get AHCI running.
Jim KJ2P
MCP

-----Original Message----- From: Jeff Campbell
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] SSDs and Windows 7 32/64 bit

I am about to install a new Crucial CT128M4SSD2 M4 series SATA 3 128Gb SSD
in my computer, and need to decide whether to use Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit
(I have Pro versions of each available).

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to