On 12/11/2011 3:01 PM, Jim Jerzycke wrote:
I did a presentation to my club a few months ago about SDR. I had
the same problem about people thinking their more conventional
radios were "software defined".
[...]

I am waiting for the addition of software defined transmit antennas (SDTAs).

You'd just have several sources of unlimited RF current at any phase, frequency, and impedance fed into a few one-meter whips (some horizontal, some vertical) which you could mount anywhere.

You could simulate a 160 meter ten element quad at 400 feet above average terrain over seawater, or whatever. No problem. The whips could even be mounted in your closet, since the software would account for that.

All the best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
(the preceding post is not entirely serious!)