Sometimes you have to take THD measurements in the context of how and where they're measured. This outstanding little amp is a good example:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-380

10% THD @ 15 watts into 4 ohms
0.1% THD @ 10 watts into 4 ohms

88% efficiency, 102DB dynamic range.

The point is that the THD of any amp skyrockets where it approaches being over-driven. Some of the amps you see advertised with awful THD specs sound great when not driven into distortion to get the highest possible output power ratings...

Back to this little guy, though, it sounds *terrific* at normal room volume with a pair of decently-efficient speakers, and even some that aren't all that efficient - like the same company's BR1 kit speakers.

My .02 USD only - adjust for local currency as appropriate
Jim, N7CXI