On 7/20/2012 12:06 PM, Edwin Marzan wrote:
Our radios are supposed to improve as the computers become more
powerful and can process more information. I guess they forgot the
part where the operating system changes. There should be some type
of work around. For me, $2000 is a lot of money to invest in a
transceiver (including sound card, cables, line isolators,
microphones etc..) only to find out that your brand new computer
will not work with it. Perhaps dual booting a new PC with a
motherboard that contains a built in parallel port is the solution.
A friend of mine told me that the parallel port address change
solved his problem when using an external parallel port card, but
then again that was with win xp.

Keep me posted and good luck!
[...]

Thanks, apparently I'll need it.

I am not a programmer, but the parallel driver files are just a few kb. So why is it such a monumental task to make a new driver so that PSDR under Win7-64 can talk properly to a parallel port? Why has no one done this, at the company or privately?

Puzzled,

Kevin.