I read in the release notes for PSDR 2.4.4 that:

"12. Improved FLEX-5000 Transverter Operation. Band edge checking for the transverter IF has been relaxed, allowing out of ham band IF transmit on the transverter TX port. Also the 10m IF TX filter switch point has been moved to 32 MHz to allow for a wider IF transmit capabilities."

Relaxed to what, and what is the practical upper limit? I saw where someone else asked this, but didn't find where it had been answered.

My reason for asking is that I'd like to be able to use my 5000A with a transverter to cover the entire 2M band all-mode. Is that feasible? The radio transverter port(s) would need to work to 32 mHz with *reasonable* gain flatness, and I'd have to find a transverter that would cover the whole 4 mHz as well. Has anyone accomplished this and have it working? If so, what transverter are you using? I could go ferret most of this out on my own, but I'd like to know what limits the company intends to support, so I don't end up with a hole in my foot when PSDR is updated.

Then the last question is if I decide to offload the VHF/UHF ops to a Flex 1500, are the rules and requirements different?

So many questions... ;-)

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI