I wasn't going to comment on this but the arrogance and rudeness of BILLY
WILLY should not go unnoticed.

I too find this reflector of great value...most of the time. Rod's point is
valid and appropriate. I too use a smartphone or portable computer to read
the DIGEST. The recent digest with 27 copies of a lengthy series of digest
replies went way beyond the limited email capacity of many smartphones.

The problem, of course, is not new. It will take 2 or 3 more generations
before attrition eliminates thoughtless repliers. Taking a moment to delete
the original text that follows one's reply, especially when that original
text is hundreds of lines, that EVERYONE HAS ALREADY SEEN, is a thoughtful
and considerate practice.

No matter what your stand on the lazy, inconsiderate practice of failing to
trim replies, the response by Bill WILLY was unnecessary, rude and useless.
Worse it added to the abundant futility that was already an entirely too
long digest. If you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself.

If nothing else BILLY WILLY's reply violates the purpose and spirit of this
reflector.

I wish the reflector had the ability to delete any line of text that begins
with ">" which would end the lengthy reply problem fully.

73,

Frank N. Haas KB4T
Florida

Original RUDE reply from Bill Marvin Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:00:42 -0800

Please, stop whining.

Bill - W1LLY