> The source tree on opengc.org currently only builds on windows. We've had
> some problems convincing John W's CVS to talk to SourceForge, which is why
> there are currently two versions of the code (kingmont and sourceforge).
The
> autoconf scripts included in the SourceForge version are out-of-date with
> respect to the current source organization, as well as the updated OpenGL
> font library - this is most likely why the build failed.
>
> I just put together a Linux machine, and I will be playing with building
> OpenGC under Linux over the weekend. Incidentally, I have no experience
> using autoconf, so I will be using the CMake build system (which I
currently
> use under Windows). I'll talk to John W. and see if we can hammer out a
> stable version suitable for public consumption.
>
> > > I just tried building the code from opengc.org and failed.

Just to add a little more confusion  ....

Boy, this is turning into a real bad mess.

The unix source on kingmont builds with the freetype 1.3 and gltt and should
work with the latest version of FG from the CVS, but the displays are
minimal, just the PFD stuff. Check the email thread starting about 3 Nov
from Flavio Villanuestre, there were a few hiccups during the build but it
did run.

I have a version with an EICAS panel that displays engine data, but will
need updates to the source in the FG network directory and the source at
kingmont. Good news -- all you have to do is replace the old with the new
versions and rebuild if you get it built the first time.

The source at the OpenGC repository has been converted to freetype-2.0.4 and
ftgl libraries. I'm converting over but it is taking a little time. That
source, as noted, is Windows only and DOES NOT have the interface module
ogcFGDataSource or definition of the class structure required for
Flightgear. There is the start of a gnu make/build system by Ross Golder but
more work is required.

To add to all this, for some inane reason Damion has tried to setup my CVS
account at sourceforge but no luck. I believe he is moving the respository
to another site. so I can't commit my changes/updates until that happens

I suspect if we were doing this for a living, we' ld all be fired by now ;-)

Give Damion and I a few days to iron this out. I don't think any of the
interface stuff is library dependent, so we should be able to stick in the
FG inteface stuff. I can provide the latest versions of opengc.cxx,
opengc.hxx and opengc_data.hxx which belong in the ~/FlightGear/src/Network
directory to replace the versions in the CVS stuff.

Regards
John W.