On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:03:31 -0500,
"Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<001801c1cde6$6f3e2380$a300a8c0@nhv>:

> hence my suggestion to find a set of settings for one of the
> 'beautifiers' that the code is run through, this way everyone can work
> on the code formatted in their prefered style.
>
> >The question is whether we
> >have anyone with cycles available to lead discussion on this and
> >clean up the existing code base.
>
> FWIW
> astyle does the entire src tree in less then a minute on my 'slow'
> machine so this should not be an issue
>
> http://astyle.sourceforge.net

..could everyone document their preferred code style,
in a "coding style sheet" of some sort?

..if astyle can _safely_ and _reliably_ restyle code back and
forth between an accepted standard and everyones weird tastes,
we only need a standard conversion tool, and a coding style standard.

..my own preference is using the Linux kernel coding style,
simply for future airworthiness certification etc purposes.
This should allow easier inspection etc of code flying in
in aircraft EAA*-style.    (EAA* www.eaa.org)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: