I wrote:
 > Right now, YASim applies all of the "extra" lift due to flap
 > deflection (including control surfaces -- they're flaps too) at a
 > point one third of the way up from the trailing edge.

Oops, I lied.  There was a bug.  One third from the edge is what I
meant.  One third from the *center* is what I wrote (it should have
been one sixth from the center, obviously).  So the torques due to
flap deflection were exactly twice as high as they should have been.

This fix is checked in now.  Care to give it another whirl and see if
this mitigates the effect?  You should still see a down-pitch due to
flap deflection, but hopefully this will be more in line with reality.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA