Andy Ross writes:

>If you see a significant boost to frame rate in game mode, my
>suspicion is that what you're seeing is the horrifically slow updates
>to the windows text console, and not the lack of a page flip
>optimization.

game mode, on windows at least, is still significantly faster
and I am WELL aware of the text output consideration :-)

To clarify myself all I really meant by original comment is that

I have always thought that FGFS development has been
primarily aimed at a RAW OPENGL SURFACE which is
considerably different then any Window !

If this is not still the case then ....
  'times they are a changing'

Norman