David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jim Wilson writes:
>
>  > As a side benifit, the z-fighting within the model seems to have
>  > reduced quite a bit once we get over the 10m AGL threshold.
>  > Ahh...oooh...that reminds me...maybe we should make the scene's
>  > near plane configurable per view?  Fifty foot towers don't need
>  > half meter near planes.  Unless I suppose if you want to model
>  > tower interiors, but that's just a reason to make it configurable.
>  > If folks say yay I'll include it in my next view manager update.
>
> I'm thinking of making FGScene (src/Main/scene.hxx and
> src/Main/scene.cxx) containing all of the scene- and
> scenery-management code currently slopped into main.cxx.  That would
> be a good place to add clip-plane configurability.  If you want to
> take a shot at it, please go ahead.

Ok, will do.  At the moment I'm finishing up the last of the viewmgr work.
Basically it takes the view/config data and ends up tieing data to a
current-view folder (e.g. current-view/x-offset-m,
current-view/heading-deg-offset).  Right now we've got pieces kind of spread
out, some in /sim/view (always in view[0] element regardless of the current
view) and some in /sim/view/pilot...etc.  When I get done the important
current property values will be /sim/current-view/ and the "Pilot Offset" gui
will work in all the views.  This is where I propose binding information for
the view such as the "internal" boolean (for internal cockpit model) and
"near-plane-ground-level" which will be used by the new scene class.

That should be done in today or tomorrow.  Then I can do FGScene, which of
course could have other configuration options, including default clipping
planes, etc.

Of course now that I think of it, I still need to look at the
scenery/FGLocation relationship....haven't touched that yet.

Best,

Jim