David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I'm thinking of making FGScene (src/Main/scene.hxx and
> src/Main/scene.cxx) containing all of the scene- and
> scenery-management code currently slopped into main.cxx.  That would
> be a good place to add clip-plane configurability.  If you want to
> take a shot at it, please go ahead.

Hi David,

Well I've setup a bare bones class for FGScene and have been browsing
through main.cxx.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by "all of the scene- and
scenery-management code".

My initial take is that FGScene should be doing the fgInitVisuals(),
fgRenderFrame() routines.  The class components that go into the scene (sky,
lights, scenery, the two model managers, and view manager) will still be
initialized in Main.  FGScene will access those items as needed through the
global interface (as is done in main.cxx currently).

On the other hand when I think of "scene" I'm thinking the FGScene should own
the scenegraph(s) and initialize all the above classes.  Except maybe the view
manager.  I'm willing to go either way, but leaning toward the later.

Best,

Jim