* [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Megginson) [2002.05.29 16:03]:
> Cameron Moore writes:
>
>  > We (the two Cameron's) have already done some FDM work on a Piper
>  > Cherokee PA-28-180.  I have a pretty ugly looking 3-view, but I can send
>  > it to you if you want it.  We really need someone to pick up on the aero
>  > file where we left off.  We were close but had some bugs.  I should the
>  > Roskam numbers and the aero files we left off on at home if you would
>  > like me to send them to you.  Just say so, and I'll send them your way.
>
> Which Roskam did you find the Cherokee numbers in?

Oops.  I was mistaken.  It's not Roskam -- it's McCormick,
"Aerodynamics, Aeronautics and Flight Mechanics", Appendix C.  Cameron
Munro sent me copies of it.

> You could rough-in a Cherokee in YASim first, just to have something
> to drive your model, then ...
           ^^^^
My model?  I hope you mean that collectively since there's probably no
way I'll ever be a 3D modeller.  :-)

I have not been keeping track of changes on the JSBSim XML formats for
several months, so I'll try to update the -180 definitions tonight and
see what happens.  I will let you know if I get anyway.  I'm pretty busy
these days, so I'd be happy to hand this off to a willing 3rd party to
pick up the pieces.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do tonight.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
/ I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number \