> We (the two Cameron's) have already done some FDM work on a Piper
> Cherokee PA-28-180.  I have a pretty ugly looking 3-view, but I can send

Slightly off topic.  There are a lot of places where we can get 3-view
sets with a scale for pretty much any aircraft.  It occurs to me that
it should be easy to automate finding the three outlines and chop such
a scanned image into three bitmaps that are mostly transparent.
A fairly brute force approach can generate a painted voxel model
that could serve as the basis for a baseline set in our library.

(1) Does a program for doing that already exist (easily available) ?
or
(2) Are any of those archives of 3-views known to have useful licensing ?

I figure that, if we have one of those, it is worth pursuing the other.