David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> By the way, the 747 model is looking good.

Thanks.  I'm doing some major re-work with it now...basicly after figuring out
how to get around some of ac3d limitations.  AC3D works well for this stuff,
but it's texturing options are limited (but in the end sufficient).  Blender
is looking more attractive but every time I open it up I just get overwhelmed.
 It's got a lot more in it than we need for modeling aircraft.  AC3D is easy
to learn and it isn't bad once you figure out how to get around it's
limitations and bugs.

In any case it'd be awful nice to have a gpl'd modler.  Right now we've got a
choice between two closed source binaries.  One from a guy that may or may not
ever get around to fixing the bugs, let alone improve it.  And another from a
larger company that is now as good as gone.

Best,

Jim