David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> In addition to PPE (ppe.sourceforge.net), there's K3D
> (k3d.sourceforge.net) and Innovation3D (innovation3d.sourceforge.net).
> I played with innovation 3D a bit, and while it's OK, it's no
> Blender.  For now, I'm willing to take my chances with a non-free,
> unsupported app, as long as I can export into formats that other tools
> support.  Innovation3D is in Debian, so just type

Is Innovation3D's texture mapping any better?  If not I'm going to take a stab
at making a command line texture re-mapper for ac3d files.  To start with
it'll probably just be some sort of script (awk?) that adjusts the x or y
coordinates.

Probably that statement in my last message should have been more specific: we
need a _usable_ 3d gpl'd modling package that is suitable for flightgear.
AC3D is actually ideal for what we are doing with a very small number of bugs
and weaknesses.  For setting up the geometry of an aircraft model, I can't
imagine something easier and more effective.  The texturing is not good and
could be greatly improved with very little effort.

Best,

Jim