Erik Hofman wrote:
> Andy Ross wrote:
> > + At 192 triangles and 6 128x128 textures, this is an expensive
> > instrument.  There were no significant effect on frame rate on my
> > machine, but we can't be sprinkling gadgets like this around the
> > panel without hurting someone.
>
> Well, it spoiled the fun for me. FPS from 10-15 down to 1 fps :-(

Whoa.  That's way too much effect.  Is this on an SGI?  I wonder if
anything I've done in the file is causing a fallback to software
rendering.  It's really not very elaborate -- plain old polygons and
textures.  Is it possible that something else has changed?

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA