On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andy Ross) wrote:
> Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:29:57 -0700
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andy Ross)
> Subject: [Plib-devel] Antialiased GLUT fonts
>
> [Cross-posted to the plib list, as this isn't entirely FlightGear
>  specific.  Dunno if that list allows posts from non-subscribers or
>  not.]
>
> The recent discussion about fonts got me interested in actually trying
> something, so I put together a perl utility that generates an
> antialiased Glut .txf font from any font that can be rendered in
> Postscript.

[...]

One more thing - why are you talking about GLUT fonts all the time ?

What you generated are neither GLUT bitmap nor GLUT stroke fonts (the only
place where you usually find *these* fonts is the GLUT sourcecode !), but
TXF fonts / textured fonts / font textures. These fonts have hardly
anything to do with *GLUT*.

But nevertheless - great work !

- Sebastian