FWIW, the turn coordinator ball behaves *very* differently between
JSBSim and YASim and another FDM I am playing with.  All supposedly
return accelerations in body axis in ft/sec squared.  This means we
can't create a single turn coordinator instrument who's ball behaves
reasonably well for every FDM.

Would it be better to force the FDM's to calculate a ball deflection
in degrees/radians, or do we need to investigate why the body axis
accelerations are so radically different for 3 different FDM's (who
all are trying to model a C172.)  If the FDM's do the work, then they
all have to do the failure modeling too.  It would be nicer to figure
out what's going on ... it seems to be more than a simple coordinate
system difference, unless JSBSim/YASim swap X/Y axes or something
strange like that.

Regards,