On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 11:05, David Megginson wrote:
> Andy Ross writes:
>
>  > Hrm... yup, that sounds awfully wrong.  Especially since units
>  > shouldn't matter.  What the steam.cxx code is doing is taking the
>  > sideways acceleration and dividing it by the vertical acceleration to
>  > get a "down" direction.  The units should drop out.  I could be
>  > reporting accelerations in mph per year and it should still work.
>
> In the past we've had trouble with accelerations because of different
> references.  I have no physics background and a bad memory, so I'll
> use baby talk: basically, you have to consider whether the
> accelerations you're reporting include or exclude the earth's
> rotation (or something similar).
>
> Andy, Tony, or Jon can translate that into proper terminology
> (probably "inertial reference frame" or something similar) and comment
> on whether it has anything to do with the problem.

Well, Yasim and JSBSim do the bulk of their work in different sets of
reference frames, but by specifying that these accels are in body axes,
we are specifying the reference frame and so should end up with the same
thing.

> All the best,
>

> David
>
> --
> David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/

Tony Peden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
We all know Linux is great ... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
-- attributed to Linus Torvalds