Norman Vine writes:

 > FGFS should be able to answer simple flightplan questions
 > like "I am leaving from KSFO flying to KLGA show me all airports
 > that are large enough to handle a 747 within 100 miles of my flightpath".
 >
 > Indexing makes this trivial

That's still an out-of-the-main-loop problem, though, so it doesn't
matter to the to top-level code whether it's sitting on top of some
moderately complex indexing code or some moderately complex
linear-search code.

We will need to be able to do fast searches on ATC frequencies, as we
do currently with navaids, so we'll need some kind of indexing for
that.  There may be a reason for constant airport searches in the loop
as well; I just haven't thought of it yet.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/