Jim Wilson writes:

 > One advantage of switching to the tail would be that just about any
 > aircraft would position reasonably on the runway without special
 > configuration.  Don't know if there are any disadvantages.

I think that's the wrong reason to make the choice -- it's a permanent
kludge to solve a temporary problem.  We need to configure
per-aircraft anyway, so that the 747 doesn't start on the 1500ft
grass runway instead of the 12000ft concrete one.

 > I do have a licensed AC3D here, so once a decision is made the 747
 > and A-4 models will be fixed.

For these two, it's easy -- use the same origin that Andy used.  For
models used by both JSBSim and YASim, we'll have to coordinate.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/