burrito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Is fuel consumption modeled in yasim, or will it ever be? Lots of fuel in
> the tanks could also
> cause problems with landing right? I have tried landing several times but
> always bounce off
> the runway.

It should be possible to land even with "ack!" full tanks.  I've done it
several times.  It seems that it isn't possible to dump fuel.  You can bring
up the property browser on the menu and look at the fuel/ path.

> Also, sometimes setting the flaps around 20-30 degs can cause the plane to
> shoot thousands of feet into the air. Has anyone else noticed this?

What version are you running (the proper flap modeling has been completed for
several months now)?  Keep in mind you have to be flying reasonably slow and
adjust your nose down when deploying flaps.

> Is there any documentation on the 3d cockpits, or any information I can
> have about them?

So far they've all been done in ac3d or blender and converted to ac3d as part
of the external model.  If you are talking about the instrument panels, those
are 2D panels, with the exception of the j3cub instruments which were all done
in ac3d file format.  Take a look at README.xmlpanel in docs-mini directory of
the distribution for info on the 2D panel.  Take a look at
http://www.flightgear.org/Docs/fgfs-model-howto.html for information on
animating 3D instruments.

> I was originally interested in creating a 2d panel but of course a 3d
> cockpit would work a lot better for the 747 cockpit.

I started one last summer and have quite a bit of info.  Basically I put it
aside until this winter because it became apparent that I need to get better
at modeling and it is going to take a lot of time.

Best,

Jim