Andy,

rsync comes with Cygwin and can be installed via the installer. This way I
can run terrasync from a Cygwin bash shell (runs pretty well).

However, this would require any Windows user to install Cygwin first, which
I am sure not any user is fond of just for running the FlightGear binary.
And as Norman pointed out there is no native rsync delivered with Windows
(any flavor AFAIK).

One ugly solution might be to provide just the rsync.exe, but I don't know
if this works (it would require the cygwin dll, at least). Plus this might
cause licensing troubles.

Switching to http as Christian pointed out would be one clean solution,
although I can't judge how hard it's to realize.

Regards, Michael

--
        Michael Basler, Jena, Germany
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]