FWIW I'm also seeing a significant degree of what appears to be z-buffer
fighting with geforce2 at 24bpp.  The c310-3d panel goes grey at certain angles
and the c172-3d and a4-yasim panels display a lot of instability in the
rendering (problems between layers in the instruments), although they do not
go grey.  The fighting is more pronounced with instruments at an increased
angle from the camera vector.

Best,

Jim