On 12/12/02 at 10:01 AM Andy Ross wrote:
>Fabien ILLIDE wrote:
>> David Luff wrote:
>> > FWIW, the grey panel with the Radeon 7500 and the DRI drivers still
>> > persists despite the patch to fix this behaviour with the ATI binary
>> > drivers.
>>
>> I jump onto this post to say that I've just see that I've got the same
>> problem with my new Dell Latitude C610, which have a Radeon Mobility LY.
>
>I hereby call "not it" and point you guys to the DRI list.  This just
>looks like a driver bug to me, sorry.  I don't have a Radeon 7500 to
>test against.

Fair enough.  I suppose just because you can alter ATI's driver policy
doesn't really mean you should be expected to fix every Flightgear related
ATI driver problem for the rest of eternity :-)

>It's worth pointing out that the DRI driver the current distributions
>are shipping is rather old.  I've seen lots of work checked in and
>discussed (I'm a lurker on the list) over the past few months.  You
>might very well see better results with current code, although sadly
>building an entire X server isn't terribly easy.
>
>If someone can come up with a good test case and screenshot and is
>willing to test fixes for them, I'll happily chime in with remarks
>about how the code works.

OK, I'll try and test with the latest drivers and xfree86, and once
(probably if!!) I've managed that and if the problem persists I'll take it
to the dri list, assuming none of the lurkers with the same problem beats
me to it (which they hopefully will!).

Cheers - Dave