Jim Wilson wrote:
> Right, the polygon offsets that I thought I rememebered Andy had
> been adjusting for this issue seem to have introduced some other
> problems though.

The way it worked was that the original code I submitted used a very
high offset number (because I'm using NVidia hardware too, and needed
it to prevent fighting between layers -- I didn't understand the
jitter issue yet at the time).  But this caused the infamous "panel
visible through the aircraft" bug with 16 bit Z buffers.  David
experimented and found a much smaller number that worked well for him
at 16 bit, in the process re-introducing the Z fighting bug on NVidia
hardware with a 24 bit depth buffer.

But again, the Z fighting issue is (I'm pretty sure) related to the
matrix precision issues.  It's not a PolygonOffset issue per se.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA