Jon Berndt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > Right.  In other words if the nose is the 3D model origin,  it's
> "altitude" is
> > made that of the CG (as reported by JSBSim).  The aircraft is angled up
> > for takeoff and the nose is way down near where the wheels should be and
> the
> > rest of the model is below the surface.
>
> To throw another wrench into the mix, can you tell me if and/or how the
> camera works when the viewpoint is from inside the cabin (pilot
> eyepoint) - does that seem to work OK, now? ANd when viewing from a
> spotter plane, is this where the problem initially was discovered?

The camera is locked in relation to the reported lon/lat/alt.  So it is
actually in the same position inside the model all the time (the camera of
course can be moved but it is always in reference to the reported lon/lat/alt
position).

Well yes the problem really is that the FDMs are reporting the position data
differently.  The origins are different and it makes it impossible to share 3D
Model configurations between different FDMs.

The other problem that David brought up which I didn't understand at first is
the CG is variable and therefore the FDM origin is variable, and we aren't
taking that into account in the modeling.  My opinion is that problem would be
sufficiently resolved if the lon/lat/alt was reported from a fixed point on
the aircraft.

Best,

Jim