Tony Peden writes:

> The point we pick need not have any particular signifigance (we can
> calculate a lat/lon/alt for anyplace relative to the aircraft), so why
> should we pick a point which requires explanation and/or instruction on
> our part and more work on the part of the 3D modeler.
>
> The nose is something that everyone can instantly understand and locate.
> That is not true for the aero ref point, center of gravity, center of geometry, etc.

xorig = fuselage length / 2
yorig = wingspan / 2
zorig = highest point / 2 < usually top of tail >

obvious enough for me :-)

Main Entry: 1cen·ter
Pronunciation: 'sen-t&r, 'se-n&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English centre, from Middle French, from Latin centrum, from Greek
kentron sharp point, center of a circle, from
kentein to prick; probably akin to Old High German hantag pointed
Date: 14th century
1 a : the point around which a circle or sphere is described; broadly : a point that
is related to a geometrical figure in such a
way that for any point on the figure there is another point on the figure such that a
straight line joining the two points is
bisected by the original point -- called also center of symmetry b : the center of the
circle inscribed in a regular polygon

Norman

<<audio.gif>>