Jon S Berndt writes:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:00:22 +0200
>   Martin Dressler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >You should be able hide your aircraft in Hangar. If I
> >remember it. Even new hits routine has some support for this.
> >
> >Madr
>
> I think Norman may know the answer to this one.  However,
> JSBSim simply gets a terrain height from FlightGear in
> calculating gear forces or contact ... whatever.  So, if
> FlightGear is returning the underlying terrain height -
> and not the highest point at any position - then we should
> be OK.

AFAIK the atltitude is determined from the closest triangle
overflown.  ie you can land on an aircraft carrier.

This could be modified if every node that was not actual
terrain was 'labeled' as to its 'flyability' .
I am not sure of the time cost assosciated with the adittional
check but it shouldn't be too bad.

Norman