Arnt Karlsen writes:

 > > however, since the FAA does not release statistics about the
 > > number of pilots and hours flown at different experience levels,
 > > his numbers are meaningless.
 >
 > ..huh???  Why the hell not???

They indicate nothing about what level of experience is really the
most dangerous: the real killing zone could be at 100 hours, or 900,
but we cannot tell.

To take a different example, if I could show that more people die
every year from falling off chairs than from high-altitude mountain
climbing without oxygen, would that prove that sitting on a chair is
more dangerous?

 > That's no reason to let those _same_ accidents repeat themselves
 > over and over again.

I agree absolutely -- it is absolutely critical for everyone, pilots,
car drivers, joggers, cyclists, etc. -- to know what the dangers are.

All the best,

David