Andy Ross writes:

 > JSBSim and YASim do things pretty much the same way, using a
 > coefficient of friction for gear as they slide over the ground.  This
 > integration works fine for a moving aircraft,

Unfortunately, not -- when the JSBSim and YASim aircraft are rolling,
they are still far too much affected by the wind.  In real life, even
with 30 kt gusts, you can usually taxi a 172 or Cherokee around as if
it were a car.  Personally, I do set the controls appropriately just
in case (I'd hate for that one gust to get under the wing and flip
me), but I have not seen it make a noticeable difference.

All the best,

David