Jim Wilson wrote:

Can't we bring in some sort of damping factor that would just render the
aircraft stuck at very small velocities, but would still allow it to become
unstuck if a great enough force was applied?  A sort of automatic parking
break that gets applied gradually starting at 0.01 fps and slower.  The
current brake seems to do a good job of holding most aircraft still.  Rather
being something that is "realistic" I'm thinking about some arbitrary value
that would be derived through trial and error by the modeler.

I was amazed at how tricky this got a year or so ago when I was experimenting with it. I agree that we need some kind of damping at slow speed. Essentially, the gear forces have to become a special case, reducing forces and moments towards zero but never beyond into the opposite sign.

All the best,

David