Hi,

the Westland Lynx has nearly the same rotor than the bo (they both were developed in the same project at boelkow).

Maik

Matthew Law wrote:

On 07:50 Thu 27 Nov , Martin Spott wrote:

The first is correct, the latter is not (see above). Pilots love this
helicopter because of his outstanding manouverability. It's even
capable of doing serious aerobatic - up to inverted flying (AFAIR with
a modified gear box lubrication),

Check out the Westland Lynx. I've seen these at a couple of airshows this year and the pilots did manage quite a bit of inverted flight during their routines. These too have a rigid rotor head with elastomeric bearings and the blades are intentionally made more rigid to prevent tail strikes during high-G and sharp stop maneuvers. Impressive engineering in all modern helos I think you'll agree :-)

All the best,

Matt.