On 14:48 Thu 27 Nov     , Jon Stockill wrote:
> I remember seeing the army display team at RAF Waddington a couple of
> years ago - 4 gazelle & 1 lynx all lined up in the hover, then the lynx
> pilot backflipped the aircraft out of the lineup. The first time you see
> it you really can't believe what you've just seen.

Yes, that was one of the airshows I saw this year.  I think they were called the
Sharks.  IIRC at one point they had a Lynx barrel rolling (with a portion of inverted)
around a line of other aircraft. They also did loops and other crazy stuff that
helicopters clearly can now do.

Very cool.

Were it not for the ridiculous costs, I would've much rather learned to fly rotary
wing than fixed. As one of my work mates puts it: 'Yeah, even when the engine stops
they still fly, cos they're still ugly and the earth still repels them!'

All the best,

Matt.