> Ampere,
>
> Looking a the pictures it looks to me like you are still using two sided
> polygons (that's why the ailerons and such are a lot brighter than the
> rest, you've got the normals inverted).
>
> To render a model really fast in FlightGear it would be best to use only
> one sided polygons (although is rare circumstances I myself do use two
> sided polygons, but I always keep it at a minimum).

The reason for the contrast between the wing and the control surfaces is that
the RGB value for the control surfaces is 255,255,255, while the RGB value
for the wings is 100,100,100.  I created those control surfaces poly-by-poly,
so I am positive that they are not double-sided polygons.

> Ouch, I would set a *very* close LOD range to this (30 meters or so) and
> then switch to a textures disk ..

LOL... =P

If the camera is far enough for a lower LOD to be used, I wouldn't use any
textures -- the texture can't be seen anyway so there is no point for it.

> Well, so far it looks really nice.

Thank you.  I just hope it will get imported into the game without any
problem.  *Cross my fingers*

Regards,
Ampere