Josh Babcock said:

> and bitmaps.  However, one of the things that can currently only be done in the
> control's model file is orientation.  I think this is a mistake.  Orientation,
> like placement, should be defined outside the xml for a given control.
> Otherwise, it is impossible to reuse a control unless you plan on doing it in
> the same orientation.  It should be possible for the aircraft's model file to
> define a one-time transformation where you define the location of the
instrument.

Can you explain, or give an example?  It could be that I am not understanding
your use of the term orientation.

> Another exception that might also be nice to have a way of passing
parameters to
> included instruments so the instrument can do a one-time transformation on one
> of it's parts to adjust it's stall speed line, for instance, to the aircraft it
> is being installed in.  I don't know how to implement this though.

That probably is not currently practical.  So we'll have to have seperate
models.  If you wanted to get fancy (which I don't recommend for this) you
could do a texture rotation based on some arbitrary value set in the aircraft
configuration.

Best,

Jim