Erik Hofman wrote:
Boris Koenig wrote:

Most current images seem really to be mainly computer created, but
check out:

http://www.airbus.com/MultimediaElements/139.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/b/ba/A380.flightdeck.750pix.jpg

What's interesting though, is the integrated Chart-Database with
LCD screens on either side of the cockpit !

I think this is "just" the weather radar.

I'm afraid you're wrong (I was referring to the latter image) - this seems actually like an airbus version of Jeppensen's electronic FlightBag - simply not relying on an external notebook anymore, but rather connected to the systems of the aircraft.

Check airbus.com for it: it's supposed to enable the flight deck crew
to easily display/use charts without the need to look them up in the
big paper thing - which will still be available as a backup, though.

Also, it's supposed to display a profile view (layered) ON the charts
to improve situation awareness.

-------- Boris