* Gunnstein Lye -- Tuesday 10 August 2004 10:18:
> On Monday 09 August 2004 17:13, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > pull -> raise, push -> sink. It doesn't matter how the
> > joystick is mounted. This is the right and realistic way. The other may be
> > consistent with fixed wing and newbie friendly, but fgfs' goal is realism.
> > It's not a game, but a simulator after all.
>
> Okay, for joystick throttles I agree with you. (Although personally I would go
> for the "second joystick" option.)

A second joystick would be nice, or even one that looks and feels like a
real helicopter collective, with throttle twist grip etc. But the lever
on my Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold is quite OK. I'm glad I don't have to use a
Micros~1 joystick with horizontally mounted throttle wheel. I'm not sure
if a reversed "throttle" collective is intuitive there.

> For buttons, on the other hand, I think "up" should mean up.

Too late. I asked Erik already to revert that part of the last patch. The
rest will remain, especially the initialization to least pitch angle for
keyboard pilots. The next time the collective discussion breaks loose, it
should be about a property ...

> > That was my first solution, but the patch was rejected ("please not yet
> > another property"). I inverted the collective axis in the YASim config
> > then.
>
> Too bad.

Maybe we'll get some more user feedback. The release of the ec130 may motivate
more people to fly helicopters. In the end a property might be necessary.
Now, if only we had someone to finish YASim's missing helicopter FDM parts,
and fix the bugs. Hey, or what about a JSBSim helicopter?   :-)

m.

PS: there never was a bo104, btw (& AFAIK). But it's worth to mention the
    other Boelkow helictopters: http://www.helis.com/50s/h_bo1023.php,

http://www.hubschraubermuseum.de/Hubschraubermuseum_Buckeburg/Archiv/Bolkow_Entwicklungen_KG/Bolkow_BO_46/bo-46_01.JPG,
    http://www.246.ne.jp/~heli-ss/Bo108.jpg