On Thursday 20 Jan 2005 18:48, Roman Grigoriev wrote:
> Hi guys!
> I try to model rain and snow in flightgear but have some difficutlies
> because I haven't seen it in real flight from cabin of aircraft. Maybe
> someone can explain me some features when you have take-off or landing in
> rain and snow. Is it similar to car? Or maybe someone have videos or
> photos? Thanx in advance
> Bye

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

I think it was Erik had a model working with the PC-7 for rain.

Essentially, rain or snow almost immediately appears to be coming straight at
you in 'tunnel' effect the moment that the aircraft begins moving into it.

If you slip the aircraft, the centre of the tunnel effect moves toward the
direction of slip.

Rain specifically also has the effect of an 'upward waterfall' on windscreens
which are not actively cleared - spreading towards the outside edges at the
top.

Another thing is scenery textures for snowfall - I had a go at looking for
ways to make the default scenery appear to be covered in snow but I haven't
found anything all that convincing yet.

Dave Martin.