> From: Erik Hofman
>
> Erik Hofman wrote:
>
> > As long as they haven't used *any* FlightGear supplied code, sound
> > files, textures, configuration files or anything else included in the
> > base package, they can do whatever they want.
> >
> > If, however, they have used one or more parts included in the base
> > package, then their work could be considered derived work and should be
> > put under the GPL also.
>
> Which they do, they clearly added modified versions of FlightGear
> configuration files to the systems and sound directory.
>
> If they want us to respect their copyright I expect them to respect ours
> and make clean which versions are derived from FlightGear and hence are
> still GPL.

Actually what you are suggesting they do isn't exactly correct.  Just
identifying the changed files is not sufficient.  See clause 2b in the GPLv2.
Derived works _must_ also be GPL.

Essentially, to do this right, the original model with textures and animations
would have to go into a separate zip file that is licensed as is and then the
derived configuration files would go into another zip file that is GPL'd.

Best,

Jim